Want to learn more about food sensitivities and how they are related to your hormones? Perk up your ears as the creator of the Maxim Movement, Dr. Andrea Maxim shares so much goodness on today’s podcast.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The first step towards treating and supporting our hormones
- Causes of inflammation in our gut
- How we can reintroduce foods that we avoided during the treatment of our gut
- Why we should pay attention to skin care and the importance of getting off the dead top layer of skin
- Nutritional protocols for women suffering from things like estrogen dominance, PMS, and PMDD
- Herbs and homeopathies to treat hormonal imbalance
- What we can do in our everyday life that’s going to create this healthy foundation for healthy hormones
- When it comes to hormonal problems, everything stems down to your digestive system.
- Food sensitivity is the number one thing we have to be ruling out and treating.
- A food sensitivity is not an allergy. It’s based more on the immune system’s reaction to the proteins in those foods so it’s not something that you’re always going to have the exact same reaction with
- Most of the skin cancers that happen are actually at the dead skin layer right at the top surface of your skin. If you don’t do exfoliation or any type of skin treatment to remove that dead skin layer, malnourished, misshapen cells could actually start to lend to worse things like skin cancers.
- Natural remedies and natural ways of treating the body are not drugs and so they take a longer time to work.
- When your body is starting to show you these signs and symptoms, like fatigue, brain fog, skin changes, joint issues, etc., one of the big factors that you might be missing or not taking into consideration is giving your body the basic nutrients that it needs.
- Women’s brains don’t compartmentalize very well and are constantly all over the place (logical, emotional, spiritual, personal, etc.). We’ re using up our resources at a much faster rate, so we have to be nourishing our body.
- Do gentle exfoliation two to three times a week and get skin treatment like wet microdermabrasion once every two to three months.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water
- Use herbs in combination rather than just one on its own.
- Eliminate any form of dairy in your diet.
- Nourish your body well.
- Go to bed before 10:30.
Dr. Maxim said:
“Acknowledge how busy or stressed out your lifestyle is and nourish accordingly.”
“Learn to just be unwaveringly selfish.”
Thanks for listening!
I would love to hear from you! Find me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or come hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook. Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a review so I know how you’re liking the podcast!
More from Dr. Andrea Maxim:
More from Samantha Gladish:
About Dr. Andrea Maxim
Dr. Andrea Maxim is one of Southern Ontario’s leading naturopathic doctors and the creator of ‘The Maxim Movement’; a movement helping people move towards MAXIMizing their Digestion, MAXIMizing their Hormones, MAXIMizing their Weight Loss and of course MAXIMizing their Health!
Following the foundational needs of the body, Dr. Maxim offers a step-wise program of removing triggers (food sensitivities, heavy metals, stress, environmental toxins), detoxifying the body and then flooding the body with nutrients to get it functioning and healing properly. To support her vision, Andrea wrote her first book “MAXIMized Health: The New, Intelligent System for Optimal Digestion and Hormones” available for sale now.