This podcast is all about supporting your health, your hormones, your vitality and your energy! Join me as I talk about detoxification and what we can do to help support our liver in the detoxification process. Let’s dive in!
Tune into iTunes or Stitcher here:
In this episode you will learn:
- What is detoxification?
- What is the connection between detox and your hormones?
- What are some really simple and effective strategies that you can implement to clean up the chemical and toxic clutter in your life?
- What are some of the risk factors and symptoms of impaired liver function?
- What causes estrogen dominance?
- What are xenoestrogens and how are they harmful?
- What are the phases of liver detoxification and how can we support it?
4 Key Takeaways:
- Detoxification is resting, cleaning and nourishing the body from the inside out.
- Having good quality water is so essential to our overall hormonal health.
- Having just two glasses of red wine a night can increase a woman’s breast cancer risk by 250%.
- This is how we want to support detoxification: We want to set the stage first by making sure our diet is really clean and that the food we eat is free from all these toxins and chemicals because we detox every single second of every day.
- Use nutrition as a way to detoxify your body. Include a variety of nutrient-rich foods in your diet that will help support the detoxification in your liver.
- Eliminate the things in your environment that are bringing in the toxins and the chemicals.
- Support your liver by focusing on getting organic and local food as much as possible.
- Make that switch to cleaner and safer household cleaning products and beauty care items.
- Eliminate or reduce your alcohol and coffee intake.
- “If you are drinking tap water, you have got to make the switch.”
- “The best way to support detoxification is by the food that we eat.”
Thanks for listening!
If you have any questions about detoxification or other questions about future topics that you’d like me to dive into, come on over to Instagram and find me, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or come join me in my Holistic Wellness private community on Facebook. Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave me a review!
Products mentioned in the episode:
More from Samantha Gladish: