The sun is finally shining here in Toronto and the weather is getting hot (it’s about time!).
That means I’m pulling out my summer clothes, throwing my hair up and getting my summer beauty essentials ready. This means using a little bit of bronzer.
I don’t normally wear bronzer throughout the year (unless I’m off to a video shoot and have a fabulous make up artist apply it for me), but in the summer time, it’s the perfect time to add a little extra glow and colour to my cheeks.
But… as you know, I’m quite particular with my beauty care products and I won’t just settle for any product. It’s got to be clean, natural, free of parabens, fragrances and EDC (endocrine disrupting chemicals).
Remember, what goes ON the skin goes IN, and although our bodies are very miraculous and smart and can filter through toxins and not 100% of everything gets into the skin, A LOT of it does and A LOT of it is dangerous, carcinogenic and can have a negative impact on our health and hormones.
—> CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR DIY BEAUTY SECRETS GUIDE FREE! <—
There was a time when I bought all my beauty care and skin care products from the drug store. As a young girl I could spend hours looking through all the makeup, glosses, hair products, scrubs and everything in between.
Be sure to check out the safety of your beauty care products on the Environmental Working Group (EWG)’s Skin Deep database.
In my CleanBeautyU online program, I’ve recorded 10 simple DIY beauty care recipe videos. I’ll be teaching you how to make your own anti-aging facial oil, scrubs, whitening toothpastes, mouthwash, face masks, hair masks and so much more! Plus, you’ll have access to 6 CleanBeautyU Modules where I dive into all things gut health, detoxification, facial care, body care, hair care and dental health so you know EXACTLY what to do to heal your most pressing skin issues! Click here to learn more about this amazing program.
In the meantime, get yourself in the kitchen and grab these “baking” essentials to make this simple and chemical free DIY All Natural Bronzer.
Here are the highlight ingredients of this DIY Bronzer recipe:
Cinnamon – provides a gorgeous glow
Cacao – the real star of the show, this ingredient adds depth and darkness to your bronzer. Use as much or as little, depending on the shade that is right for you
Nutmeg – this ingredient is optional, but is does give the bronzer a really nice sun-kissed colour
Arrowroot, tapioca or powdered sugar – helps to lighten the bronzer overall. Use more or less depending on the colour that is right for you.
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder (optional)
- 2 tsp arrowroot or tapicoa powder (or use organic powdered sugar)
- Adjust the levels of ingredients to your shade and mix together in a small bowl.
- Be sure to break up any clumps until it’s smooth.
- Place the powder into a clean, empty compact and pack it in firmly.
- Use an all natural bristle blush brush, swipe on your bronzer and viola!
- *Note - use the best, most natural (organic preferably) ingredients when making this bronzer. The 2 most important ingredients are the cinnamon and cacao powder (or cocoa powder), which will give your skin that gorgeous glow. If you don't have arrowroot or tapioca on hand, powdered sugar will work too!