Guuuyyysss…. this recipe is everything!
I’ve officially switched into holiday mode. I love seeing the strings of twinkling lights, a little more sparkle on outfits and my calendar filling up with get-togethers to see family and friends.
You know what else I enjoy? Eggnog! That creamy deliciousness makes an appearance for such a short amount of time so I make sure to get my fair share.
Growing up in a Portuguese home, Eggnog was never part of our family tradition. As I got older and spent the holidays with the families of my friends, I was introduced to it and quickly became a fan.
Fast forward a few years, it was pretty obvious that Eggnog did not fit into my new way of living. I still wanted to enjoy it, but on my healthy terms! I didn’t want to give it up but I also didn’t want all of the added sugar, heavy cream and raw eggs from traditional recipes.
What I have come up with is this creamy, spiced blend that is perfect to sip on in front of a cozy fire, with friends at a holiday gathering or even as a base for a morning latte.
The best way to enjoy it is as a creamer for your coffee. Hope you like it as much as I do!
- 2 ½ cups coconut milk (or other nut milk of your choice)
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of sea salt
- Soak cashews in water for 30 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Add all ingredients to a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon on top.
- For a festive touch, you can add 1oz. spiced rum and whole cinnamon sticks for stirring.
- If you prefer it warm, heat up the coconut milk on the stove top just to a boil before adding to blender.