As we approach summer, I think we’re all craving no-fuss weekday meals that can easily be thrown together and that don’t have us in the kitchen all night long.
It’s all about capitalizing on that extra bit of daylight at the end of our work day and soaking up that sunshine. I mean…here in Ontario, we’ve waited for it all winter long, right?
This one pan meal is not only simple and convenient but it’s also nutritious, hormone balancing and loaded with flavour. I think it makes the perfect no-fuss weekday meal!
Enjoy it on its own or as a side dish, or my personal favourite, over cauliflower rice.
Did you know that cruciferous veggies such as broccoli actually help us to balance out our hormones? It’s true. These foods help us to clear excess estrogen from our body. So, eat your broccoli ladies because it’s truly one powerhouse of a vegetable.
Speaking of our hormones, we’re launching another round of our Metabolic Reset this summer. It’s going to be 8 weeks and we’re including tons of updated information, recipes and other goodies for you!
As with most women, you might be suffering with hormonal imbalances such as low thyroid function, PMS, PCOS or menopause. Our 8 week high fat, low carb weight loss program is designed specifically for women so you can lose weight with ease and balance your hormones with delicious foods.
It’s meals like this that you can enjoy in the Metabolic Reset program. One of the questions we’re often asked is, “what will I be eating?” Our answer? Food just like this! Delicious food. Easy to prepare food. Food that the entire family will love.
So if you’ve been wanting to balance out your hormones and lose weight all without deprivation then get on our wait list here.
This Mongolian Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry is gluten-free, grain-free and paleo-friendly. It’s a savoury dish with tender strips of beef and stir fried broccoli with a rich umami sauce with garlic, ginger and just a hint of sweetness.
- 1 large grass-fed steak
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp Bragg’s all purpose seasoning (or extra Tamari)
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- 1.5 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 head of broccoli, cut florets
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- sprinkling of sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1-2 green onions, thinly sliced
- pinch crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 cups cauliflower rice, optional
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Remove steak from the fridge and let it come to room temp (about 30 min). Get a cast iron pan on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Pat the steak dry using paper towel and season generously with sea salt and pepper. Add 1-2 Tbsp olive oil to the pan.
- Sear steak in cast iron pan, about 3-4 minutes per side for medium cook (depending on the thickness of your steak).
- Remove steak from pan and allow it to rest.
- In the same pan, lower the temp and add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add minced garlic, grated ginger and cook out for about 1 minute.
- Add Bragg’s all purpose seasoning, tamari, coconut sugar and water. Bring to a simmer for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add broccoli florets, cover pan and cook until bright green and slightly tender.
- Slice beef and add it back to the pan with 2 tsp rice wine vinegar for about a minute to coat it in the sauce.
- Portion out beef and broccoli and garnish with sesame seeds, green onion and pinch of crushed red peppers.
- Optional: serve over whole grains or cauliflower rice.