Donuts for breakfast!
Yummy right? I mean who doesn’t want to start their day with a donut?
As you may know, I love to bake and I just recently picked up a large 6-donut pan to make these delicious beauties. I have a small donut pan which makes the cutest little donuts ever, but I needed to step up my game.
Now don’t worry! If you don’t have a large donut pan, this recipe will work in a muffin pan too. So it’s all good. It’s just a little more fun eating donuts for breakfast. You almost feel like you’re indulging in a real treat.
But… these donuts aren’t sugary-processed-food-type donuts. These are made with wheat free oat flour, fibre filled chia, antioxidant rich blueberries and anti-inflammatory, protein filled hemp seeds. Now that’s my kinda donut!
Plus, they taste delicious, are incredibly easy to make and are great for a grab and go breakfast when you’re rushing out the door.
P.S. If you’re looking for more delicious and easy recipes, come join me inside my Healthy Hormones Recipe Club! Are you confused with all the information out there about how to balance your hormones, lose weight + support your immunity? Can’t keep up with all the different diets; Paleo, Keto, Intermittent Fasting, or which one is even right for you Get a monthly meal plan + shopping list + recipes that will help you to support your body, balance your hormones, detoxify and shed some inches in the process! Each month has a different theme (CLICK HERE to read what I’ll be sharing over the next few months!) This Recipe Club is available for a super affordable price, so you can easily say YES to putting yourself first, without breaking the bank. Delicious food & zero deprivation, I promise!
Back to these donuts!!!
Remember to grease up your pan with coconut oil (I use Progressive Organic Coconut Oil), pull up your sleeves and let’s bake some donuts shall we?
- 3/4 cup wheat free oat flour (grind rolled oats in blender)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla (I use Giddy Yoyo)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 300F and light grease a 6-cavity donut pan with coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, chia, hemp, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Add in maple syrup, almond milk, and stir until well combined.
- Add in blueberries and gently fold in.
- The batter will be slightly running. This is normal.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan, filling each cavity to the top or just about.
- Bake the donuts for roughly 23-25 minutes, until firm to touch.
- Cool the donuts in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing.
- *To make these gems more protein rich, try adding in 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder. I like using Progressive Nutritional Organic Whey or Brown Rice protein powder. You may need to add in a few extra tablespoons of almond milk if adding in protein to thin out the batter slightly.