Look no further than these delicious and healthy chocolatey treats to enjoy this Valentines Day.
You know I love getting busy baking in the kitchen and using high quality ingredients. Plus, I love a good chocolatey treat! I mean, who doesn’t?
Check out some of these delicious and healthified treats you can whip up this weekend for Valentines Day.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do 😉
RAW CACAO ENERGY BALLS – click here for recipe
ALMOND PULP RAW BROWNIES – click here for recipe
ALMOND BUTTER CUPS – click here for recipe
RASPBERRY CACAO HEMP HEARTS – click here for recipe
Happy Valentines Day! xo
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has been a part of my daily routine for a few months now and I know Sam loves recommending this gem to many of her clients as well. I originally started consuming apple cider vinegar to help with my candida and then soon learnt the several other health benefits.
Here are 7 reasons YOU need to start incorporating Apple Cider Vinegar into your daily routine:
- Eliminates Candida – For anyone who has experienced or is experiencing candida- like symptoms, you know it’s not pleasant. Symptoms of poor memory, brain fog, fatigue, irritability and intense sugar cravings are not fun. You need to be consuming foods that are going to help eliminate these symptoms so you can feel your optimal best. The naturally occurring enzymes in apple cider vinegar actually help flush the overgrowth of yeasts from your body making it an ideal candida eliminating ‘supplement.’
- Reduces Congestion and Stuffy Nose – Apple cider vinegar thins mucus and helps break up any congestion. So next time you have a stuffy nose, try taking apple cider vinegar repeatedly throughout the day to help loosen the mucus. 1-2 teaspoons in warm water throughout the day should do the trick.
- Improves Digestion – Consume a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and water before a meal to help aid in digestion and breakdown food. It stimulates the digestive juices and get’s everything flowing the way it should.
- Improves Low Stomach Acid – In today’s world this is a bigger problem than we think. So many people have low stomach acid that studies suggest up to 90% of people suffer from this in North America, which means they are having serious issues with constipation and indigestion. As we age, our stomach acid naturally decreases causing issues with digestion. Top that with the high consumption of dairy products, low quality meat, processed foods, nicotine exposure, antibiotic usage, drinking chlorinated water and stress and you’ve got yourself an impaired digestive nightmare! Apple Cider Vinegar helps correct low stomach acid problems, so drink up.
- Boosts the Immune System – Apple cider vinegar has a component called malic acid, which is anti viral. Consuming it regularly is going to boost the immune system, therefore reducing your chances of catching a cold. Improving the friendly bacteria in your gut through continuous usage of ACV also increases the body’s immune function.
- Beautiful Skin – Apple cider vinegar helps balance the skins pH. We tend to be more on the acidic side due to environmental pollutions, consumption of low quality dairy and meat, chemical exposure etc., so it is important to incorporate alkalinizing foods into your diet, ACV being one of them!
- The Liver Loves it – Think detox! The liver simply loves apple cider vinegar and the liver has huge responsibilities in the body. Its job is to practically filter out all of the toxins and waste products from the blood. That’s a big job when we come in contact with the high amount of toxins in any given day. We can give our liver a bit of loving help by consuming apple cider vinegar, which will help cleanse the liver and enhance the detoxification process.
Apple Cider Vinegar should be diluted in a ’10 to 1 ratio’ (10 part water and 1 part vinegar). It is important to use raw, organic, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with the “mother” to receive the full benefits that this vinegar has to offer. We love and trust the Omega Nutrition Brand, Bragg’s and Eden Organic which you can find at any health food store.
As I was perusing around WholeFoods the other day, I came to the deli meat counter which I always avoid.
I mean, Wholefoods has some great products and meat selection, but deli meats are something I was just never interested in. Especially when you hear about all the added salts, sugars, and nitrates used in the meat, it’s not something that is Qualitarian approved!
But I learned that the turkey was freshly roasted, contains no nitrates, salts and sugars and the ingredient list read – turkey, garlic, herbs. I was a-ok with that!
I had this idea to make these egg cups cooked inside bacon or turkey, and so I bought myself 6 slices and came home to make this delicious concoction that I was dreaming up!
This is a no-excuse breakfast! Uncomplicated, simple, healthy, few ingredients, little mess. What more could you ask for?
These breakfast cups are great for on the go, and great as a healthy protein rich breakfast to fuel your kids (and yourself of course) before sending them off to school. Or, better yet, make a few in the morning and pack them up for lunch. Served with a simple green salad, or better yet, The Best Kale Salad Ever Recipe, and you’ll be nourished, happy, full and fuelled for your day!
Turkey and Egg Breakfast Cups
- 6 slices of nitrate/hormone/antibiotic-free turkey, organic preferably
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 6 muffin cups with olive or coconut oil.
- Place turkey inside muffin cups creating a 'cup' or 'pocket' to pour in eggs.
- In a bowl or measuring cup (I used a measuring cup which made it easy to pour), whisk eggs with herbs. Pour into turkey cups. Add chopped tomatoes evenly amongst cups and sprinkle each with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes. I left mine in for 12 minutes. They were slightly runny but still held together quite nicely. You can leave them in for 2 minutes longer if you prefer your eggs more cooked through.
- Get creative! You can add bacon, chopped broccoli, or a sprinkling of cheese on top. Use up different veggies in your fridge to create the perfect breakfast cup for you!
Holistic Wellness https://holisticwellness.ca/
Tell me you’ve blended avocados into your smoothies before?
They lend such a creamy texture, not to mention an added boost of vitamin E and monounsaturated healthy fats. You really can’t go wrong with this amazing fruit!
I would say I eat an avocado almost everyday. It really is one of my favourite foods. I often hear women tell me how they avoid eating avocados due to them being rich in fat. It kills me when I hear this! There is such a misconception around fat. Often I see women order a grande starbucks latte (loaded with milk and sugar but the way!), but avoid eating nutrient rich, metabolism boosting, heart healthy avocados!
Ladies… eat avocados! Enjoy them, add them to salads, mash them and make a healthy guacamole, and start adding them to your smoothies!
This amazing smoothie is full of protein, plant based omega 3’s and full of nutrients like calcium and magnesium from a healthy serving of spinach.
Hope you enjoy!
Avocado & Spinach Smoothie
- 3 cups spring water, coconut water or your favourite nut milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 a pear
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend together well.
- Drink and Enjoy 🙂
Holistic Wellness https://holisticwellness.ca/
Last week I ran a seminar at Wholefoods all about skincare.
It was amazing to chat with so many women and learn about their skin care woes. From aging, to wrinkles to acne, most of us women are concerned about the same things when it comes to skin.
I shared my tips for improving skin texture, adding radiance back to your skin using pure plant oils and making it priority to eat clean organic whole foods and to supplement strategically.
For those of you who missed my seminar, you can download my skincare guide below! I share simple tips that are truly effective for achieving beautiful youthful skin. Hope you enjoy 🙂
Download your Skin Care Guide – CLICK HERE.
Less than a year ago, I contacted Sean Croxton of Underground Wellness via Facebook and told him how much I loved his podcast. I remember it was a hot August day and I was thinking how exciting it would be to be a guest expert on his show one day. Well…that day came, and it came faster than I ever would have expected!
Underground Wellness is one of THE biggest health podcasts and I am extremely grateful to Sean for inviting me on his show and for really helping me to finish my eBooks and get my message out to the world!
My eBooks, The Qualitarian Life and The Qualitarian Cookbook can be purchased here – SHOP NOW. From food to nutrition, exercise, sleep, sex, and detox, I cover all areas of your life and help you to overhaul your health and your body in just 21 days! Read more about these eBooks HERE.
In case you missed the podcast, you can listen in on it here – The Qualitarian Life with Samantha Gladish or click to listen below.
* How to “brush away” cellulite while boosting muscle tone at the same time
* How the plaque in your arteries may be coming from your teeth
* The “non-toxic but problematic” ingredient lurking in your toothpaste
* My top household cleaning swaps for a toxin free home!
The feedback from the podcast has been incredible and so many people have purchased my books and are starting to live The Qualitarian Life.
Hope you enjoy the show!
Find Additional Health Podcasts with Sean Croxton
Chocolate. Cinnamon. Bananas. What a combo!
I love baking, as you know, and it’s been a while since I whipped up a banana bread. Let alone, a gluten free, grain free, dairy free banana bread, with NO added sugar!
This bread is DA BOMB! It’s so full of flavour and free of many allergens.
I got the idea from Make Ahead Paleo to include a cinnamon-y topping. I’ve never done this in the past and couldn’t resist testing it out! This delicious “crust” added the perfect sweetness. I highly suggest you test it out! I guess you could say there is some added sugar, since it’s included in the topping, but you can feel free to omit this.
So let’s get baking! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do 🙂
|Paleo Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Bread
Makes 1 LoafIngredients:
1 ½ cups almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup arrowroot starch
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground vanilla bean
½ tsp sea salt
3 large ripe bananas
1/3 cup hemp milk (almond or coconut work well too)
1 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
½ cup walnuts (optional- I didn’t use any)
1 tbsp coconut sugar
¾ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp almond flour
Preheat oven to 350 F. In a small bowl combine all DRY ingredients. In a large bowl combine all WET ingredients using a hand mixer. Mix until bananas are well combined and mixture is fluffy. Add DRY ingredients into WET and stir until fully incorporated. Stir in EXTRAS. I used chocolate chips. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and pour in batter.
In a small bowl combine TOPPING ingredients and sprinkle evenly on top of loaf. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until center is set and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from loaf pan and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve with grass fed butter or your favorite nut butter. YUM!
To your AMAZING Health and Abundance,
If you follow my Instagram feed you’ll notice that I like pancakes.
And if you downloaded my FREE Breakfast Recipe ebook, (which you can find on the homepage), you’ll get 2 of my favourite pancakes recipes, pumpkin pancakes and banana blueberry pancakes. I make these 2 recipes pretty frequently!
OK…so, I’m a pancake lover! During the week I like to whip up nutritious and easy breakfasts before heading to work. Nothing beats a morning smoothie, where you can throw everything into a blender and you’re good to go. But even better…throwing all your pancake ingredients in the blender without having to dirty numerous bowls! No dry mixing with the wet mixing and being overly cautious with measurements! That’s my kind of morning 🙂
I whipped up these hearty Banana Chia pancakes in a flash! Served them with some raw almond butter and organic maple syrup. Oh yummy!
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
- 1/2 a large banana
- 1/2 cup wheat free rolled oats (My measuring cup was overflowing with oats, so it’s fair to say I used just over 1/2 cup!)
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp chia seeds
Blend everything together in a blender except the chia seeds. Pour into a bowl and add chia seeds. Stir and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Heat pan with coconut oil and cook pancakes 2-3 minutes each side on medium heat. I made 8 mini pancakes. You can make more or less depending on what size pancake you prefer.
To Your Health & Abundance,
How more fitting to celebrate this super fun day then to make recipes full of pumpkins!
I absolutely LOVE pumpkins! From pie, to smoothies, to pancakes and even lattes…..I’ve been whipping up pumpkin recipes like no tomorrow!
I think I may have to stock pile cans of organic pumpkin puree just so I can continue to make delicious recipes this season!
This smoothie recipe have become a staple in my morning routine. Delicious, easy to make and nourishing!
Pumpkin is incredibly rich in beta carotene – a super nutrient that converts to vitamin A. This incredible vitamin helps boost your immune system, is heart protective and is essential for eye health.
In just 1 cup of pureed pumpkin (organic of course!), you get a whooping 7 grams of fibre and 3 grams of protein. Plus, its really low cal (if you’re into that whole calorie counting thing….me…not so much!). This makes it a perfect addition to your morning smoothies! Protein + fibre = a happy and full tummy!
I’ve added some extra key ingredients to my pumpkin smoothie, such as additional protein for the extra fullness factor, immune support and beautiful lean muscle building benefits. Can’t go wrong with a little extra protein! 🙂
Some extra fruit and blood sugar balancing cinnamon gave this smoothie the perfect sweetness!
Also, take a look at the pumpkins we carved this year! Every year my boyfriend and I get together with his sisters and we have a pumpkin carving contest! I won this year! Yay! I carved BANE (villain from Batman) and it was a winner! Thought he would make the perfect Halloween Villain!
Health & Abundance,