Hey there Beauties, Samantha here! I’m so excited to share with you this article from my friend Solange. She is the Founder & Holistic Esthetician at Discover Bliss, and when it comes to facials and skin care, she is definitely a #cleanbeauty expert. Read below for her tips and be sure to scroll to the bottom to read all about Solange, how she got started in this industry and where to connect with her on social media!
I know so many women that are suffering with dry and dehydrated skin.
I’m sure you’re thinking, what’s the difference between the two?
Dry skin is a skin type, but dehydrated skin is a condition anyone can experience. Dry skin lacks oil and dehydrated skin lacks water.
You can also have oily or combination skin and still be dehydrated. Dry skin usually feels rough, appears dry and can be flaky. Dehydrated skin looks dull, feels tight, rough, and shows fine lines.
A hydrating facial is a wonderful way to treat dry, dehydrated and sensitive skin.
This type of facial includes deep cleansing, lymphatic stimulation with silk brushes, and a ultra hydrating cream mask that nourishes, improves skin tone, texture, and reduces signs of aging.
Using the hydrating facial treatment from Dr. Hauschka, this can help to:
- Heal the skin damaged by environmental influences
- Has quince seed extract that replenishes and helps dry skin to retain moisture while supporting the skin’s natural process of oil production
- Hydrates the outer layer of skin, soothes and protects.
I offer this treatment for $80.00 and it’s a beautiful and relaxing 60 minute treatment.
–> CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR FREE DIY BEAUTY SECRETS GUIDE <–
The skin care line from Dr Hauschka is amazing and one I have come to love and trust over the years. All the products are:
- Truly natural and/or organic cosmetics, certified to NATRUE and/or BDIH standards
- Free from synthetic fragrances, dyes and preservatives
- Free from mineral oils, parabens, silicone and PEG
- Dermatologically tested for sensitive skin
- Never tested on animals
- Wherever possible, all raw materials come from controlled organic or biodynamic cultivation and are recovered under fair conditions
So now that we know how to help dehydrated skin, let’s take a look at what causes it:
- Hard water
- Hot showers and baths
- Air conditioning
Being conscious of your water intake, how hot your showers are and what the air quality is in your environment are all important things to take into account when it comes to your skin.
Our skin is our largest organ that absorbs everything you put on it. It’s very important to practice a skincare routine that is toxin free. Not only should you cleanse, tone, and moisturize everyday but adding a serum will improve dry and dehydrated skin by penetrating to deeper layers of the skin. Also, don’t over cleanse your skin!
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle can help support radiant, glowing skin and prevent issues like dehydration. Your skin is an outer reflection of the foods you put in your body, so eat a whole food and balanced diet. Always remember to use sun protection, avoid alcohol and smoking, and don’t forget to drink lots of water! Not to mention getting adequate sleep will allow your body to rebuild and repair wherever needed.
Treating your skin at home with masks and oils will ensure balanced and healthy skin. Some of my recommendations are:
- Applying a homemade mask once or twice a week papaya, avocado, manuka honey based.
- Use rosehip, argan, hempseed or calendula oil as treatments.
- Use a gentle konjac sponge, or Dr Hauschka cleansing cream instead of harsh exfoliates.
- Buy an organic aloe vera plant, cut it open and apply it on your face.
If your interested in booking a facial with me or would like to set up a skin care consultation visit my website or follow me on social media for tips at:
Facebook : @organicfacialsbysolange