Girrrrrllll, this is the perfect summer treat that you are gonna wanna make all.summer.long.
Summer is not only my favourite time of year because it’s hot and sunny out, but because I feel like I can get extra creative with recipes that are refreshing and healthy all at the same time.
This delicious fudgey gems are gonna be your new fav! And they only take minutes to make. You do need to be patient and let them set for a few hours, but they are worth the wait.
I’m sure you’ve seen your fair share of popsicles popping up on your social media feeds, and why not! Homemade popsicles are so easy to make and with just a few ingredients you can whip up a healthy treat minus the added sugars and junk you find in most store bought brands.
Well you know that homemade and all natural is how we roll over here at Holistic Wellness. I wouldn’t have it any other way!
If you haven’t tried out my Avocado Chocolate Pudding yet (which totally doubles as a face mask), you have got to get your hands on that recipe, like now.
I basically took that recipe and make fudgesicles out of it. I know, genius right!?
If you’ve got little kiddos at home they won’t even know there is healthy avocado in here. There’s nothing like getting a little sneaky. And sometimes, it’s your hubby you’ve got to hide the ingredients from, not the kiddos! Hey, a healthy girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. I’m not judging!
To sweeten these gems I used BeeKeepers Raw Honey with Cacao. It was the perfect addition to these healthy treats. If you don’t have this honey, not to worry. Any raw honey will do (I love Beekeepers and Fairhaven Farms – local and sooo good!) or you can use maple syrup.
- 2 small avocados
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp beekeepers naturals cacao honey (or maple syrup or regular raw honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Melted chocolate (optional, for drizzle)
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer mixture to popsicle tray, and insert sticks.
- Freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- Unmold and serve (you may need to run under hot water to gently loosen out of tray)
- *Feel free to drizzle on some melted chocolate! I like using Giddy Yoyo chocolate with vanilla or Altereco burnt caramel chocolate