Nothing beats an afternoon brunch full of delicious food! Fresh organic veggies and fruit, homemade gluten free waffles…who wouldn’t want to wake up to that feast?!? As I’m sure some of you may have indulged in some delicious Easter weekend goodness (myself included), I just couldn’t pass up one more indulgence…waffles! Simple and easy to prepare, and topped with almond butter, these gluten free waffles are yumm-o! Enjoy these waffles alongside a protein packed frittata, loaded with nutrient rich veggies and your day is off to a great start! Happy Brunch!
1/2 cup bobs red mill all purpose gluten free flour
1/2 cup bobs red mill brown rice flour
2 tbsp bobs red mill gluten free baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup almond milk (unsweetened or vanilla)
1/2 cup organic applesauce
My favorite toppings:
Raw almond butter
Organic Maple Syrup
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add milk and applesauce. Pour into a lightly greased waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
Fresh Veggie Frittata
1 pound asparagus
6 ounces button mushrooms
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 small or 1/2 large zucchini
6 large eggs
1/3 cup almond milk
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp chopped chives
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 medium or 1 large tomato
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash and trim asparagus and cut into 1-inch long pieces. Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 1-2 minutes and immediately shock in ice water. Drain and dry asparagus, set aside.
3. Clean and slice mushrooms. In a skillet, heat olive oil and saute the mushrooms over medium heat for about ten minutes. While they cook, grate or finely mince the garlic and shallots. Add the garlic and shallots to the mushrooms and continue to cook for about two minutes more. Remove the mushroom mixture from the heat and set aside.
4. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and slice into thin, half-moon shapes.
5. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and chives. Add asparagus, mushroom mixture, and zucchini.
6. Lightly oil a 2-quart baking dish (11 x 7 x 1.5). Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the dish.
7. Thinly slice tomatoes and arrange on top of the egg mixture. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and bake in the oven until set, about 30-35 minutes. If desired, place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to brown the top.
8. Allow the frittata to cool before serving. Frittata can be made ahead and chilled, covered, overnight — allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Berry Burst Smoothie
1/4 cup wild blueberries
1/4 cup raspberries
1/4 cup blackberries
1-2 cups almond milk
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
1/2 cup ice
Blend all ingredients together
Happy Meatless Easter Monday!
Health & Abundance,