Ever notice that? It’s normal.
Sugar triggers pleasure receptors in your brain, and that causes you to want more and more and more.
And it’s a nasty cycle.
You crave sugar, so you eat it and then you keep eating it and then you feel sluggish and it’s just not a fun place to be in.
This is why I like to keep my sugar intake very low and my fat intake high. It keeps my sugar cravings at bay, it helps to balance my blood sugar, it keeps my brain fuelled and it provides me with lots of energy.
Plus, healthy fat is incredibly important for hormonal health.
Almond Butter Fat Bombs
Crush your cravings with these truly satisfying almond butter fat bombs...next time you're craving something sweet, reach for one of these instead and watch your craving melt away.
- 3⁄4 cup (156 g) cacao butter, cut into small chunks
- 2 tbsp (27 g) coconut oil or ghee
- 3 tbsp (18 g) raw cacao powder
- 3 heaping tbsp (about 54 g) crunchy or smooth almond butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp (24 g) monk fruit, Swerve or liquid stevia, or to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup (42 g) coconut chips, roughly chopped or broken into small pieces (chopped nuts would work well, too)
Line a large muffin tin with silicone liners or parchment baking cups. Over a double boiler, melt the cacao butter and coconut oil together. As they start to melt, add the cacao powder and almond butter, gently stirring everything together.
Add the vanilla, sea salt and sweetener of choice (if using). When melted, remove from the heat and stir in the coconut chips. Pour the mixture into the silicone muffin molds, filling just one-quarter of the way.
Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 1 hour to set. Then remove it from freezer when ready to eat. If you are using the silicone molds, the fat bombs pop right out with ease!