All fresh fruits and vegetables contain magical powers when it comes to achieving shiny hair, clear skin, and strong nails. Our food literally builds our body. You know the saying, “you are what you eat?” Well… it’s true!
Your beauty regime should begin in the kitchen!
When it comes to achieving glowing, radiant skin, it’s important to address your diet first. If you’re eating inflammatory foods, not drinking enough water or indulging in too much sugar, then this can be one of the reasons why your skin may be looking a little dull and those wrinkles are coming on a lot faster!
In fact, our hormones can dictate a lot about the health of our skin. I have many clients who are well into their 30’s and 40’s and are still suffering with hormonal acne. If this is you, click here to read my post about healing hormonal acne.
In the meantime, add these delicious and nutrient rich foods below into your diet and reap the many beautifying benefits.
You can achieve radiant skin without the need for botox or expensive toxic-laden face creams.
- Red Peppers – all red and orange colored foods contain beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant. Red peppers are particularly beautifying due to the minerals A, C, and K. Vitamins A and C can help prevent cell damage that leads to premature aging, and can also reduce inflammation, which can cause a puffy-looking face. Vitamin K is an incredible vitamin that can help to protect our cells from damage, which is important if you spend a lot of time in the sun.
- Spinach – all leafy greens are very powerful in terms of being a beauty food because they contain chlorophyll. There are also loads of phytochemicals and fiber in spinach that help build blood, flush toxins from your body and provide you with lots of cell protective vitamin C.
- Turmeric – this yellow-colored, Indian spice has a load of powerful antioxidant qualities. Turmeric assists in protecting our cells from free radical damage and also contributes towards cleaning up metabolic wastes in our system. It is also great as a liver flusher to get rid of any toxins and chemicals that can typically store there. Bottom line, less toxins equals more radiant skin.
- Pumpkin Seeds – my fav! What don’t pumpkin seeds have in them?! Pumpkin seeds contains high levels of zinc (which is an amazing anti-inflammatory and great for acne!), calcium, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B, C, and E. Pumpkin seeds are also a great source of amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids, all essential for healthy cell maintenance. Make a handful of pumpkin seeds a regular part of your diet by sprinkling them into salads, eating them as a snack or adding them to your smoothies!
- Parsley – the next time your plate is garnished with this leafy green herb, don’t push it aside! Parsley is powerful herb when it comes to anti-aging, as well as purifying and cleansing the body. It contains vitamins A and C as well as anti-oxidizing flavonoids that protect our cells from free radical damage. Parsley also helps to purify the blood, kill bacteria, aid digestion, and cleanse toxins from the liver.
Not only are these beauty foods delicious and nutrient dense, but it’s incredibly easy to incorporate them into your diet. You can add turmeric to your eggs or a fresh pressed juice, or try my anti-inflammatory Turmeric tea. Click here to get the recipe.
Share in the comments below what your favourite beauty foods are!